Hi, I’m Brian Jackson
I’m a blogger and entrepreneur from sunny Scottsdale, Arizona.
I co-founded forgemedia LLC, a digital agency I run with my brother. Prior to that, I was the CMO at Kinsta. I have a passion for crafting actionable content derived from first-hand experience, along with performance-driven WordPress development. I’ve written over 5,000 blog posts and have helped grow sites organically from zero to 1+ million visitors per month.
I’ve been an entrepreneur from a young age. I started dropshipping CDs and DVDs on eBay in the 6th grade and have been doing internet marketing ever since. Check out all the hard lessons I’ve learned along the way.
Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best. — John C. Maxwell
I’m a proud Seventh-day Adventist and PK (pastor’s kid). I owe everything I have to Jesus Christ.
Fun facts about me
- I’ve been using WordPress for 12+ years.
- I blog about marketing, SEO, and productivity topics over at woorkup.
- I help develop the following plugins: Perfmatters, Novashare, and WP Coupons.
- I consider myself an autodidact and love learning new things.
- I’m a super seller on Flippa with over $20,000 in sales.
- I sold a web hosting company in college that hosted 700+ websites.
- Received the Microsoft MVP Award in the Windows Expert-IT Pro category.
- I run a gluten-free blog dedicated to helping those suffering from Celiac Disease, UC, and Crohn’s. I’ve been gluten-free for years.
- I blog about personal finance, investing, and early retirement.
- I’m addicted to disaster movies, synthwave music (check out my playlist), and Rocket League.
Recently featured or mentioned on
I’ve been featured on blogs such as Smashing Magazine, Moz, Ahrefs, Sucuri, Forbes, AdEspresso, Cloudinary, Web Design Ledger, speckyboy, designmodo, Themeisle, WPExplorer, The Hoth, WHSR, Scotch.io, RobbieRichards, Wishpond, TweetDis, Niche Hacks, CodeInWP, WPfounders, WP Dev Shed, Torque, and more.
- WordPress plugin developer interview – WP Plugins A to Z
- From marketing Kinsta to building a plugin business – Matt Report
- Kinsta hosting on Google Cloud – WP Builds
- Side blogging – Content creation, SEO, and monetizing a blog – Ryan Robinson
- How to become one of the most popular blogs on WordPress – WPML
- How great support and content helps Kinsta grow – WP Elevation
- Finding your right marketing channels – Elementor
- Outsourcing, ecommerce, & blogging – Mastermind.fm
- WordPress hosting for agencies – Lee Jackson Dev
- Best practices for WordPress security – WP-Tonic
- Effective web copy – WP-Tonic
- Inbound unboxed – Earnworthy