Hi, I’m Brian Jackson
I’m a blogger and entrepreneur from sunny Scottsdale, Arizona.
I co-founded forgemedia LLC, a digital agency I run with my brother. Prior to that, I was the CMO at Kinsta. I have a passion for crafting actionable content derived from first-hand experience, along with performance-driven WordPress development. I’ve written over 5,000 blog posts and have helped grow sites organically from zero to 1+ million visitors per month.
I also spend as much time as I can on Bitcoin education and getting people off zero. Why? Because the traditional 60/40 portfolio (stocks/bonds) no longer works. It doesn’t matter whether it’s 1% or 50%, but a 0% allocation in Bitcoin is the wrong amount for a risk-adjusted investment portfolio. Self-custody and multisig are the way: not your keys, not your Bitcoin.
I caught the entrepreneurship bug at a young age. When I was in the 6th grade, I started dropshipping CDs and DVDs on eBay and have been hustling ever since. Check out all the hard lessons I’ve learned along the way.
I’m a proud Seventh-day Adventist and PK (pastor’s kid). I owe everything I have to Jesus Christ.
Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best. — John C. Maxwell
Fun facts about me
- I’ve been using WordPress for 14+ years.
- I blog about marketing, SEO, and productivity topics over at woorkup.
- I help develop the Perfmatters and Novashare WordPress plugins.
- I consider myself an autodidact and love learning new things.
- I’m a super seller on Flippa with over $20,000 in sales.
- I sold a web hosting company in college that hosted 700+ websites.
- Received the Microsoft MVP Award in the Windows Expert-IT Pro category.
- I run a gluten-free blog dedicated to helping those suffering from Celiac Disease, UC, and Crohn’s. I have an autoimmune disease and have been gluten-free for years.
- I’m addicted to disaster movies, synthwave music (check out my playlist), and enjoy playing a little Overwatch.
- I like to chat about investing, Bitcoin, and financial independence.
Recently featured or mentioned on
I’ve been featured on blogs such as Smashing Magazine, Moz, Ahrefs, Sucuri, Forbes, AdEspresso, Cloudinary, Web Design Ledger, speckyboy, designmodo, Themeisle, WPExplorer, The Hoth, WHSR, Scotch.io, RobbieRichards, Wishpond, TweetDis, CodeInWP, WPfounders, WP Dev Shed, Torque, and more.
- Optimizing live with Perfmatters – The Admin Bar
- How to configure Perfmatters for better performance – The Admin Bar
- Inbound marketing, WordPress, and entrepreneur journey – WordPress Talks
- Can a small player succeed in the WordPress ecosystem? – WP-Tonic
- WordPress plugin developer interview – WP Plugins A to Z
- From marketing Kinsta to building a plugin business – Matt Report
- Kinsta hosting on Google Cloud – WP Builds
- Side blogging – Content creation, SEO, and monetizing a blog – Ryan Robinson
- How to become one of the most popular blogs on WordPress – WPML
- How great support and content helps Kinsta grow – Agency Mavericks
- Finding your right marketing channels – Elementor
- Outsourcing, ecommerce, & blogging – Mastermind.fm
- WordPress hosting for agencies – Lee Jackson Dev
- Best practices for WordPress security – WP-Tonic
- Effective web copy – WP-Tonic
- Inbound unboxed – Earnworthy