Co-founder of forgemedia LLC, former CMO at Kinsta. I have a passion for crafting actionable content derived from first-hand experience, along with performance-driven WordPress development. I’ve written over 2,500 blog posts and have helped grow sites organically from zero to 1+ million visitors per month.
I’ve been an entrepreneur from a young age. I started dropshipping CDs and DVDs on eBay in the 6th grade and have been doing internet marketing ever since. I’m a proud Seventh-day Adventist and owe everything I have to Jesus Christ.
Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best. — John C. Maxwell
Fun facts about me
- I’ve been using WordPress for 12+ years.
- I help develop the following plugins: Perfmatters, Novashare, and WP Coupons.
- I’m a super seller on Flippa with over $20,000 in sales.
- I sold a web hosting company in college that hosted 700+ websites.
- Received the Microsoft MVP Award in the Windows Expert-IT Pro category.
- I run a gluten-free blog dedicated to helping those suffering from Celiac Disease, UC, and Crohn’s. I’ve been gluten-free for years.
- I blog about personal finance, investing, and early retirement.
- I’m addicted to disaster movies, synthwave music (check out my playlist), and Rocket League.
- I consider myself an autodidact and love learning new things.
Recently featured or mentioned on
I’ve been featured on blogs such as Smashing Magazine, Moz, Ahrefs, Sucuri, Forbes, AdEspresso, Cloudinary, Web Design Ledger, speckyboy, designmodo, Themeisle, WPExplorer, The Hoth, WHSR, Scotch.io, RobbieRichards, Wishpond, TweetDis, Niche Hacks, CodeInWP, WPfounders, WP Dev Shed, Torque, and more.
- Kinsta Hosting on Google Cloud – WP Builds
- Side Blogging – Content Creation, SEO, and Monetizing a Blog – Ryan Robinson
- How to Become One of the Most Popular Blogs on WordPress – WPML
- How Great Support and Content Helps Kinsta Grow – WP Elevation
- Finding Your Right Marketing Channels – Elementor
- Outsourcing, Ecommerce, & Blogging – Mastermind.fm
- WordPress Hosting for Agencies – Lee Jackson Dev
- Best Practices for WordPress Security – WP-Tonic
- Effective Web Copy – WP-Tonic
- Inbound Unboxed – Earnworthy
What I’m up to right now
I’m currently creating content and helping develop WordPress plugins at forgemedia LLC, a remote digital agency I started with my brother.
If you are curious about my background, check out my post on how I got started as an internet marketer and the hard lessons I learned along the way.